From ancient tanners to modern times
Production of crust
As in the case of any other hides, the crust undergoes a series of special procedures during production and processing. The crust can be of several types, and the black crust is the most common of them, but the procedure for creating such skin is about the same.
First of all, the leather is sorted and soaked. The fact is that the crust is distinguished by the number of tannic and dyeing features. It requires a high level of compliance with environmental requirements, including a huge consumption of water and chromium - in combination, these elements give the leather crust softness and strength at the same time. Tanning allows the leather to be treated with chemicals, thanks to which “living” microorganisms disappear, after which the leather becomes suitable for further processing and subsequent use.
This leather is also distinguished by the so-called drum dyeing. The front surface of the crust has the natural - created by natural means, and not by processing - the drawing. This is due to the fact that the dyeing of the crust does not imply the surface finish, which favorably distinguishes it from other leathers. In particular, the lack of surface finish makes it possible to make the leather water-repellent. At the same time, the high-quality crust, one that our factory offers, cannot be visually distinguished from smooth leather, which also goes into the piggy bank of advantages.
Care for crust leather and crust leather products
It should be noted that the care of products from the leather of the crust and the leather itself has the number of features. They are comparable to the storage features of other types of leather:
- dry processing of products involves the usual elimination of dust with a clean, dry cloth;
- products from crust can not be washed - they will not get wet, but will lose some strength and aesthetic properties;
- if you need to remove dirt from the leather or from the product, it is better to use special cleaning agents or try to wipe the product with a sponge soaked in this solution;
- All leather care products must be slightly alkaline. After wet treatment, the crust must be wiped dry;
- from time to time the crust should be lubricated with special products that add elasticity and softness to it, while maintaining strength.
In general, these are all requirements for the care of the crust. Compliance with these rules will allow for a long time to preserve the natural beauty and unsurpassed qualities of this leather.